Hosted by STRz editor Paul Stevens
[Sponsored by PriceLabs]
The metaverse is a term that we are by now all familiar of, however our understanding of what it is and what it could mean for the future of travel and hospitality remains fairly limited. People are already setting up avatars and conducting meetings in the digital world, while hotels and other lodging sectors are beginning to create virtual hosting experiences for guests and potential guests. As businesses discover the possibilities that the metaverse could offer, is it something that is built to last or the latest fad that will be short-lived?
You will learn:
- What the metaverse, Web3 and Web4 are and what they mean for the future of travel and hospitality
- The role Meta is playing in the adoption and growth of the metaverse
- How the metaverse can be used and the benefits it could make to our lives
- Why the metaverse has struggled in 2022 and active user lists remain low so far
- How we can expect the metaverse to become more professional over time
- What does the future hold for short-term rentals in the metaverse?