Spain: Barcelona-based, female focused accommodation rental platform and community, Her Roomies, has strengthened its management team by unveiling its advisory board.
Launched in October 2020, Her Roomies was founded on the vision of offering a comprehensive rental solution for female tenants and all landlords by creating a female-focused rental accommodation platform and community – a “rental platform for HER”. Currently operating in Spain, the UK, Ireland, Portugal, Germany and Holland, the company has seen a growth of over 100,000 users in its first 17 months and has listed more than 44,000 rooms, apartments, colivings and student residences on the platform.
The company’s advisory board comprises experienced business leaders in key sectors, including marketing, technology, investing, and real estate. Each board member was strategically selected by father and daughter founder team, Chiara and Nick Fraser, to facilitate Her Roomies’ future growth and reflect its position as a female-led and female-serving company.
Joining the Her Roomies board of advisers will be:
- Cherine Aboulzelof, managing director head of Europe and global investment committee member of BGO Strategic Capital Partners, the real estate multi-manager platform of BentallGreenOak. Before her career in real estate, she spent eight years as an investment banker in London and New York, and she is currently a senior advisory board member of the Women in Safe Homes Fund, the first gender-lends property fund, providing affordable accommodation to vulnerable women.
- Victoria Bennett, founder of Bennett Milner Williams Consulting Ltd in the marketing and public and private equity space, has been brought on as marketing adviser. Bennett has previously worked for major brands such as Ariel, Pampers, ENMAX and TD, and in the last eight years, has focused on helping private companies raise funds through equity crowdfunding.
- June Ohashi, founder and CEO of Rezgo, a subscription-free booking software for tour and activity operators, has been brought on as technical adviser. Rezgo, developed and released in 2007, was one of the first SaaS platforms to help tour and activity operators take bookings online.
- Blanca Ochoa, a lawyer by trade and co-founder of a network of female business angels and advisers, is joining the Her Roomies board due to her experience and knowledge as an investor in technology startups and speciality in commercial, real estate and non-profit entities.
- Rachel Lupiani brings investment experience across the commercial real estate, hospitality and residential sectors, closing transactions exceeding two billion throughout continental Europe.
- Petra Arends-Paltzer is an experienced banker and lawyer specialised in the area of digitalisation, as well as the founder of www.davosdigitalforum.ch and www.rolemodelsrebels.com, and co-founder of www.swisslegal.tech. She also co-authored a book on “Digital Transformation and Legal Transformation”.
Chiara Fraser said: “I am thrilled and extremely grateful that these powerful and experienced female business leaders are adding their close to a century’s worth of experience to the Her Roomies team in key areas. I am excited about what the future holds for Her Roomies with a board that is so strong, and I look forward to learning from each of them.”
In addition, Her Roomies has launched an equity crowdfunding campaign on Crowdcube – its first round of equity raise. With the company already more than 82 per cent funded, it will use the crowdfunding investment to expand its offering in Spain and strategise its planned UK expansion for the autumn.
For more information about the equity crowdfunding campaign, visit this link.