The 2023 Shortyz Awards will be held in London in April. Watch this space for more information!
The Shortyz 2023
There are 20 awards up for grabs at the 2023 Shortyz Awards:
- Sustainability award
- Consumer champion award
- Rentalpreneur award [NEW]
- Best leisure property management company
- Best urban property management company
- Most effective use of social media
- Best app or website solution
- Best home automation solution or product
- Best sales & marketing campaign
- Best corporate accommodation booking channel
- Best OTA / online accommodation booking platform
- Best property management system [PMS]
- Best channel manager
- Best ancillary services provider
- Innovator / Disruptor award
- Rising Star – a promising individual with a bright future
- Pioneer award
- Best subscription / membership model company
- Best mobile rental accommodation company
- Best holiday site operator
The Shortyz 2022
Click here to see the 2022 shortlisted nominees + winners
As your host I was amazed by the overwhelming response to the Shortyz Awards in 2022 – we received over 350 entries and a whopping 55,000 votes, and the awards are quickly becoming the ‘oscars of the industry’!
The special awards evening located at The Skyline London was a huge success and brought hospitality leaders together from the global short-term rental industry to celebrate success and best practice. The reactions of the winners on the evening and since the event has been nothing short of amazing – check out the testimonials here!
Check out our two-minute highlights video from 2022 here.
I look forward to you joining us in-person in 2023 for what is set to be the biggest Shortyz yet! The date is set for May 2023, a hybrid live in-person with more details to be announced in due course. Why not commit to be a sponsor and being part of something really special this year? Check out our 2023 prospectus here.
the inaugural ‘Shortyz’ Short Term Rental Awards, on 11 March 2020 in London.
The 2020 Awards was held aboard Bateaux London on the River Thames, hosted by STRz editor Paul Stevens.
In 2021, The Shortyz took place virtually. It was a huge success and brought hospitality leaders together online from across the international short-term rental industry to celebrate success and best practice.
The Shortyz aim to recognise excellence among industry peers, highlight innovation and industry best practice, reward achievement and celebrate start-up technology.
The Shortyz 2021
Click here for the full Award Ceremony.
- Sustainability Award: Park City Lodging
- Best holiday or home exchange platform [NEW] [sponsored by Beach Retreats]: Love Home Swap
- UK Staycation Award [NEW]: Beach Retreats
- Best sales & marketing campaign [sponsored by Beyond Pricing]: Beach Retreats – #beherelater
- Most effective use of social media [sponsored by Abode PR]: MadeComfyBest home automation solution or product [sponsored by AirDNA]: PointCentral
- Best app or website solution [sponsored by the STAA]: Touch Stay
- Best corporate accommodation booking channel [sponsored by AJL Atelier]: AltoVita
- Best OTA / online accommodation booking platform [sponsored by Zeevou]: UnderTheDoormat – Homes for NHS
- Best ancillary services provider: StayFi
- Best property management system [PMS]: Avantio Vacation Rental Software
- Best channel manager: Rentals United
- Best urban property management company [sponsored by Vrbo]: Blueground
- Best leisure property management company [sponsored by NoiseAware]: Emerald Stay
- Innovator / Disruptor Award [NEW] [sponsored by Vrbo]: Elizabeth Becker – HiBnb
- Courage in Adversity Award [NEW]: Louis Bollard – Play Away Stay Away
- Rising Star – a promising individual with a bright future: Karolina Saviova – AltoVita
- Pioneer Award: Simon Lehmann – AJL Atelier.
The award shortlists were decided by an expert panel of judges from across the short-term rental industry. The 14 company categories were decided by a 50/50 split between the judges’ scores and a public vote of ShortTermRentalz readers, the Pioneer / Rising Star and Innovator / Disruptor awards were decided solely by a public vote, and the Courage in Adversity Award was decided solely by the judges’ scores.
The Shortyz 2021 Video
The Shortyz 2020
Click here for the full the highlights.
The winners in each award category in 2020 were:
- Best use of social media: Mark Simpson, Boostly
- Best App or website solution: Check-in Scan
- Best home automation solution or product: Minut
- Best ancillary services provider: PriceLabs
- Best sales and marketing campaign: Travlet + Nestor Stay
- Best corporate accommodation booking channel: Check-in London
- Best OTA / online accommodation booking platform [SPONSORED BY PIKL]: Direct Booker
- Eco award: Casal dei Fichi
- Best property management solution [SPONSORED BY GUARDHOG]: Lavanda
- Best channel manager: Zeevou
- Rising star – a promising individual with a bright future: Alex Limpert, GuestReady
- Pioneer award – an individual who has innovated and led the sector in its formative years [SPONSORED BY NOISEAWARE]: Moriya Rockman, Smiling House Luxury
- Best property management company [10 units+] [SPONSORED BY GUARDHOG]: MadeComfy