UK: 20 new winners have been announced in a glittering awards ceremony for the 2022 Shortyz Awards – the first in-person Shortyz since 2020 – at the iconic Skyline London.
Around 200 people attended the live event, hosted by ShortTermRentalz editor Paul Stevens and Boutique Hotel News editor Eloise Hanson, overlooking the Tower of London.
The 20 award categories were judged by an independent panel consisting of investors, consultants and experts, before a one-week voting period was held. All of the winners were decided by a 50:50 split between judge scores and the public vote, with more than 55,000 votes cast from around the world.
There were five new / expanded awards for 2022 – Consumer Champion, Best drive-to market operator, Best holiday site operator, Best mobile rental accommodation company and Best subscription / membership model company.
The Shortyz are open to everyone in the global short-term rental industry, including rentalpreneurs and accommodation owners, operators, technology providers, channel managers, PMS and RMS providers, OTAs & accommodation booking platforms, property professionals, interior designers, payment system providers, insurance companies, media, investors, and more.
Sponsors included: Vrbo Beyond, Orion Haus [headline]; NoiseAware, Minut, Jurny, Flywire [titanium]; Abode PR, AirDNA, Touch Stay, Guesty, Beach Retreats, I-PRAC, PriceLabs, Breezeway and Music Concierge [category].
The awards were first conceived in 2019, less than a year after ShortTermRentalz’ successful launch in September 2018.
The shortlists and winners can be seen below.
- Sustainability Award [sponsored by Beyond]
- Click Book Stay
- Emerald Stay [Winner]
- Park City Lodging
- Urban Rest Apartments
- Villa in the Vineyard
2. Consumer Champion Award [sponsored by Touch Stay]
- ASTRHO – Association for Short-Term Rental Homeowners
- Love Home Swap
- NoiseAware [Winner]
3. Best drive-to market operator [sponsored by I-PRAC]
- Marbella Holidays
- Pass The Keys [Winner]
4. Most effective use of social media [sponsored by PriceLabs]
- Beach Retreats: #beachoutofhours [Winner]
- Bookster and Stripe Climate
- Cheval Collection: Month of Romance
- Unveiled Vacation Rentals: Realtor Outreach
5. Best app or website solution
- Enso Connect
- SUPERHOG [Winner]
- Sykes Holiday Cottages
- Touch Stay
6. Best home automation solution or product
- Breezeway [Winner]
- Operto Guest Technologies: Operto Connect
- Party Squasher
7. Best corporate accommodation booking channel [sponsored by Beach Retreats]
- TrustedStays [Winner]
8. Best OTA / online accommodation booking platform
- Homes & Villas by Marriott International [Winner]
- Luxury Coastal
- Plum Guide
9. Best sales & marketing campaign [sponsored by Abode PR]
- Beach Retreats: #beachoutofhours
- Check-in London: Short Term Lets London
- Cheval Collection: Cheval x Furry Friends
- HomeToGo: The HomeToGo Hidden Gem Index [Winner]
- Love Home Swap: Birthday celebration
- Plum Guide: #donottrustreviews Long Live The Critic!
10. Best ancillary services provider
- Breezeway [Winner]
- Rent Responsibly
11. Best mobile rental accommodation company [sponsored by Orion Haus]
- Outdoorsy [Winner]
12. Best holiday site operator [sponsored by Breezeway]
- Cofton Holidays
- Skol Apartments Marbella
- Smiling House Luxury [Winner]
13. Best channel manager
- Angel Host
- Rentals United [Winner]
14. Best property management system [sponsored by Minut]
- Hostfully [Winner]
- LightMaker Property Manager [LMPM]
- Track: A TravelNet Solution
15. Best subscription / membership model company [sponsored by Jurny]
- Love Home Swap [Winner]
- Oasis Collections
16. Best leisure property management company [sponsored by NoiseAware]
- Bolthole Retreats
- Host & Stay [Winner]
- Maison Privee
- Moving Mountains
- Park City Lodging
17. Best urban property management company [sponsored by Guesty]
- Propr Luxury Homes
- Sextant Stays [Winner]
18. Innovator / Disruptor Award [sponsored by AirDNA]
- Bart Sobies, The Accommodation Show & ibooked.online
- Cassandra Sasso – Wander [Australia] [Winner]
- Luca Zambello – Jurny
- Marloes Knippenberg – Kerten Hospitality
- Matt Loney – Xplorie
- Philip Kennard – Futurestay
- Stacey St. John – Female Short-Term Rental Investors
- Steve Davis – Operto Guest Technologies
19. Rising Star – a promising individual with a bright future [sponsored by Vrbo]
- Brandreth Canaley – Sextant Stays [Winner]
- Cynthia Huang – Dtravel
- Dale Smith – SDDE Smith Group
- Francois Gouelo – Enso Connect
- Fred Lerche-Lerchenborg – Lavanda
- Julie Brinkman – Beyond
- Madi Rifkin – Mount
- Mark Simpson – Boostly
20. Pioneer Award [sponsored by Flywire]
- Andreas King-Geovanis – Sextant Stays
- Bob Garner – Casal dei Fichi
- Celia Pronto – Love Home Swap
- David Krauss – Rent Responsibly
- Fiona Campbell – ASSC [Winner]
- Jeremy Gall – Breezeway
- Jessica Gillingham – Abode PR
- Robin & Heather Craigen – Moving Mountains
Congratulations to our latest Shortyz Awards winners!
Keep up-to-date with all of the latest short-term rental industry news on ShortTermRentalz in the meantime. Details about the Shortyz in 2023, including the date and venue, will be revealed in due course on this website and our social channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in coming on board as a sponsor or supporting partner for the 2023 Shortyz Awards.
ShortTermRentalz.com is the go-to website for news and informed comment. The Shortyz brings leaders together to recognise individual and company best practice and achievement to help drive
the sector forward.