UK: International Hospitality Media [IHM] – the publisher of ShortTermRentalz – is delighted to announce that the 2022 Shortyz Awards will take place at The Skyline London at Tower Suites – Blue Orchid Hotels on Wednesday 18 May.
It will be the third edition of the Shortyz, following the first staging of the event in 2020 and a virtual awards ceremony held in 2021 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The 2021 awards, held at the Dixon Hotel in London, built on the success of the inaugural Shortyz in 2020, with more than 350 entries submitted and over 69,000 votes worldwide cast in just one week.
Boasting unrivalled panoramic views across London, The Skyline London is the latest addition to London’s best roof top dining and drinking experiences. The roof top offers breathtaking views overlooking iconic London landmarks, such as the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and the River Thames.
How do you enter the Shortyz Awards?
The entries period for the 2022 Shortyz Awards remains open until 23:59 GMT on Friday 11 March. Companies and individuals in the short-term / vacation rental sector can enter as many of the 20 categories as they wish and are eligible for, with three new categories and two updated categories completing this year’s roster.
Short-term and vacation rental industry professionals are invited to submit their entries via our awards platform here.
This year’s impressive roster of sponsors includes: Vrbo [Headline]; Orion Haus [Headline]; Beyond[Headline]; Flywire [Titanium]; NoiseAware [Titanium]; Jurny [Titanium]; Abode PR [Category]; AirDNA[Category]; Guesty [Category]; Touch Stay [Category]; and I-PRAC [Category].
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or supporting partner for the 2022 Shortyz Awards, please contact email@example.com for more information.
What are the Shortyz Awards?
The Shortyz are the global awards for the global short-term / vacation rental industry, bringing leaders together to recognise individual and company best practice and achievement to help drive the sector forward.
Who can enter the Shortyz Awards?
- Rentalpreneurs and accommodation owners
- Vacation rental operators
- Technology providers – home automation, security, distribution & guest amenities
- Channel managers
- PMS and RMS providers
- OTAs & accommodation booking platforms
- Property professionals
- Mobile rental accommodation providers [RVs, camper vans, motorhomes boats etc]
- Holiday sites [e.g. holiday parks, resorts, camping / glamping sites]
- Interior designers
- Payment system providers
- Insurance companies
What are the 2022 Shortyz Awards categories?
There are 20 awards up for grabs at the 2022 Shortyz Awards, including three new categories and two expanded categories:
- Sustainability award
- Consumer champion award [NEW]
- Best drive-to market operator [EXPANDED]
- Best leisure property management company
- Best urban property management company
- Most effective use of social media
- Best app or website solution
- Best home automation solution or product
- Best sales & marketing campaign
- Best corporate accommodation booking channel
- Best OTA / online accommodation booking platform
- Best property management system [PMS]
- Best channel manager
- Best ancillary services provider
- Innovator / Disruptor award
- Rising Star – a promising individual with a bright future
- Pioneer award
- Best subscription / membership model company [EXPANDED]
- Best mobile rental accommodation company [NEW]
- Best holiday site operator [NEW]
Why should you enter the Shortyz Awards?
- Recognise excellence amongst industry peers
- Highlight innovation and industry best practice
- Reward achievement
- Celebrate start-up technology
What is the entry, judging and event process?
Entries period: OPEN
Entries period closes: Friday 11 March 2022 [23:59 GMT]
Shortlists announced: April 2022
Voting period: April 2022
Event date: Wednesday 18 May 2022
Who won the awards in 2021?
The confirmed winners of the 18 shortlists at the 2021 Shortyz Awards were:
- Sustainability Award: Park City Lodging
- Best holiday or home exchange platform [sponsored by Beach Retreats]: Love Home Swap
- UK Staycation Award: Beach Retreats
- Best sales & marketing campaign [sponsored by Beyond]: Beach Retreats – #beherelater
- Most effective use of social media [sponsored by Abode PR]: MadeComfy – Your Summer MadeComfy Enjoyable with MadeComfy & Airbnb Experiences
- Best home automation solution or product [sponsored by AirDNA]: PointCentral
- Best app or website solution [sponsored by the STAA]: Touch Stay
- Best corporate accommodation booking channel [sponsored by AJL Atelier]: AltoVita
- Best OTA / online accommodation booking platform [sponsored by Zeevou]: UnderTheDoormat – Homes for NHS
- Best ancillary services provider: StayFi
- Best property management system [PMS]: Avantio Vacation Rental Software
- Best channel manager: Rentals United
- Best urban property management company [sponsored by Vrbo]: Blueground
- Best leisure property management company [sponsored by NoiseAware]: Emerald Stay
- Innovator / Disruptor Award [sponsored by Vrbo]: Elizabeth Becker – HiBnb
- Courage in Adversity Award: Louis Bollard – Play Away Stay Away [now host a fan]
- Rising Star – a promising individual with a bright future: Karolina Saviova – AltoVita
- Pioneer Award: Simon Lehmann – AJL Atelier
Download the 2022 Shortyz Awards prospectus at this link.