US: Vacation rental aggregator VacationRenter has unveiled the trending US destinations ahead of the Fourth of July celebrations.
As well as revealing that summertime rental reservations are up 125 per cent this year on 2020 levels, VacationRenter said that the weekend across 1-3 July has had the most pre-weekend check-ins by nearly 30 per cent compared to other dates across the season.
Meanwhile, reservations for small groups – consisting of two or four people – are leading the charge by a significant margin.
Searches for entire homes – as well as villas and cabins – far outpaced accommodations with shared spaces and amenities. 28.1 per cent of all travellers also used the pool filter as they searched for their ideal summer getaway.
It underlines the pent-up demand for travel this coming holiday season, particularly for those residing in urban centres who feel in need of a rural escape.
The trending destinations ahead of the Fourth of July celebrations according to VacationRenter’s data include:
- Destin, Florida – 15.7 per cent of property bookings
- Hilton Head Island, South Carolina – 14.9 per cent
- Panama City Beach, Florida – 9.8 per cent
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina – 7.6 per cent
- Ocean City, Maryland – 5.2 per cent
- Gulf Shores, Alabama – 5.0 per cent
- Siesta Key, Florida – 5.0 per cent
- Orange Beach, Alabama – 4.1 per cent
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts – 4.0 per cent
- Miami, Florida – 3.9 per cent
- Pensacola Beach, Florida – 3.8 per cent
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee – 3.4 per cent
- Key West, Florida – 3.0 per cent
- Maui County, Hawaii – 3.0 per cent
- Galveston, Texas – 2.8 per cent
- Orlando, Florida – 2.7 per cent
- Crystal Beach, Texas – 2.2 per cent
- Kauai, Hawaii – 1.8 per cent
- O’ahu, Hawaii – 1.3 per cent
VacationRenter, which aggregates the best rentals from booking sites, has evolved to meet the changing needs of travellers and helped millions of people to find places to stay, and earlier this year, it was announced that the company had exceeded $1 billion in gross booking value in 2020.