Worldwide: ShortTermRentalz can confirm that the entries deadline for the 2022 Shortyz Awards, organised by International Hospitality Media [IHM], has been extended until Tuesday 22 March [23:59 GMT].
Companies and individuals in the short-term / vacation rental sector from across the world are able to enter as many of the 20 categories as they wish and are eligible for, with three new categories added to this year’s roster.
It follows on from the first staging of the awards in March 2020 and last year’s virtual edition, when STRz editor Paul Stevens and Boutique Hotel News editor Eloise Hanson co-hosted the ceremony from the Dixon Hotel in London. The 2021 awards built on the success of the inaugural event in 2020, with more than 350 entries submitted and over 69,000 votes worldwide cast in just one week.
Short-term and vacation rental industry professionals will have until 23:59 GMT on Tuesday 22 March 2022 to submit their entries via our dedicated awards platform here.
This year’s impressive roster of sponsors includes: Vrbo [Headline]; Orion Haus [Headline]; Beyond[Headline]; Flywire [Titanium]; NoiseAware [Titanium]; Jurny [Titanium] Minut [Titanium]; Abode PR [Category]; AirDNA[Category]; Guesty [Category]; Touch Stay [Category], PriceLabs [Category]; Beach Retreats [Category]; and I-PRAC [Category].
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or supporting partner for the 2022 Shortyz Awards, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What are the Shortyz Awards?
The Shortyz are the global awards for the global short-term / vacation rental industry, bringing leaders together to recognise individual and company best practice and achievement to help drive the sector forward.
Who can enter the Shortyz Awards?
- Rentalpreneurs and accommodation owners
- Vacation rental operators
- Technology providers – home automation, security, distribution & guest amenities
- Channel managers
- PMS and RMS providers
- OTAs & accommodation booking platforms
- Property professionals
- Mobile rental accommodation providers [RVs, campervans, motorhomes boats etc]
- Holiday sites [e.g. holiday parks, resorts, camping / glamping sites]
- Interior designers
- Payment system providers
- Insurance companies
What are the 2022 Shortyz Awards categories?
There are 20 awards up for grabs at the 2022 Shortyz Awards, including three new categories and two expanded categories:
- Sustainability award
- Consumer champion award [NEW]
- Best drive-to market operator [EXPANDED]
- Best leisure property management company
- Best urban property management company
- Most effective use of social media
- Best app or website solution
- Best home automation solution or product
- Best sales & marketing campaign
- Best corporate accommodation booking channel
- Best OTA / online accommodation booking platform
- Best property management system [PMS]
- Best channel manager
- Best ancillary services provider
- Innovator / Disruptor award
- Rising Star – a promising individual with a bright future
- Pioneer award
- Best subscription / membership model company [EXPANDED]
- Best mobile rental accommodation company [NEW]
- Best holiday site operator [NEW]
Why should you enter the Shortyz Awards?
- Recognise excellence amongst industry peers
- Highlight innovation and industry best practice
- Reward achievement
- Celebrate start-up technology
What is the entry, judging and event process?
Entries period closes: Tuesday 22 March 2022 [23:59 GMT]
Shortlists announced: April 2022
Voting period: April 2022
Event date: Wednesday 18 May 2022
Where will the Shortyz take place?
The Shortyz Awards will be held in person at The Skyline London at Tower Suites – Blue Orchid Hotels on Wednesday 18 May, the day before the Short Stay Summit at Tobacco Dock London.
Keep up-to-date with all of the latest short-term rental industry news on ShortTermRentalz in the meantime. Further details about the 2022 Shortyz Awards will be revealed in due course on this website and our social channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
ShortTermRentalz.com is the go-to website for news and informed comment. The Shortyz brings leaders together to recognise individual and company best practice and achievement to help drive
the sector forward.