US: Global luxury villa rental company Exceptional Villas has announced its trending destinations for 2020.
The company, which is rated as the number one vacation rental agency in the world on Trust Pilot, has based the information on enquiries, customer feedback and advance bookings for 2020. The top destinations are Barbados, Turks and Caicos, Italy, Mexico, Hawaii and Jamaica.
Furthermore, the company says that the Bahamas is seeing a great comeback in bookings following the hurricane season last year.
As worldwide demand for luxury vacation rentals grows, Iproperty Management claims that revenue from vacation rentals is set to outstrip hotel revenue this year.
Exceptional Villas owner and CEO, Alexandra Baradi, said: “Exceptional Villas experienced a 25 per cent growth in 2019 over 2018 and are predicting a similar growth in 2020.”
The company also noted that it is experiencing a significant increase in bookings from families taking multi-generational breaks together and groups of adults wishing to vacation together.
- Barbados has always been extremely popular amongst Exceptional Villas clients and demand for the destination has been so high that the company is now operating a designated brand for the island called Villas Barbados.
- The Turks and Caicos islands have seen a 30 per cent increase in both enquiries and forward reservations with an increasing supply of luxurious beachfront villas and condos.
- Italy is once again near the top of enquiries and bookings from Exceptional Villas clients who want to travel to historic cities such as Florence, Rome and Milan.
- Mexico is particularly popular with travellers visiting from the neighbouring United States with over 37 million US citizens visiting Mexico in 2018 alone. Exceptional Villas says it has seen a 27 per cent increase in demand for Mexico, particularly in popular tourist destinations such as the Riviera Maya, Cabo San Lucas, Tulum and Puerto Vallarta.
- Hawaii has become another trendy destination with U.S. travellers as nearly ten million people visited the islands in 2018 with an expenditure of over 16 billion. The most popular islands from a luxury vacation rental perspective are Maui and Kauai according to Exceptional Villas.
For more information, visit the Exceptional Villas website here.