Worldwide: The entries platform for The Shortyz Awards 2021 will officially go live at midday GMT tomorrow, ahead of the event which is scheduled to be held in London on Thursday 22 April 2021.
The Award Force platform will be accessible at midday on Tuesday 1 December via a link on the Shortyz website here [www.theshortyz.com] which will be highlighted as “Submit entries HERE”. From there, companies and individuals from across the global short-term and vacation rental industries will be able to nominate themselves, their colleagues or their companies for as many of the 18 categories as they wish to enter for the Shortyz Awards 2021.
This year’s Shortyz Awards will introduce six new categories to the 13 from 2020 – the new categories are:
- UK Staycation Award [company]
- Best holiday or home exchange platform [Company]
- Best leisure property management company [Company]
- Best urban property management company [Company]
- Innovator / Disruptor Award [Individual]
- Courage in Adversity Award [Individual]
The other categories [including some which have been renamed] are as follows:
- Sustainability Award [previously Eco Award] [Company]
- Most effective use of social media [Company]
- Best app or website solution [Company]
- Best home automation solution or product [Company]
- Best sales & marketing campaign [Company]
- Best corporate accommodation booking channel [Company]
- Best OTA / online accommodation booking platform [Company]
- Best property management system [PMS] [previously Best property management solution] [Company]
- Best channel manager [Company]
- Best ancillary services provider [Company]
- Rising Star – a promising individual with a bright future [Individual]
- Pioneer Award [Individual]
Shortlists will be compiled for each category based on the recommendations of our expert judging panel. The judging round will take place after the deadline for submissions closes on Sunday 21 February 2021 at 23.59pm GMT.
The awards for companies will be decided by a 50:50 split between the judging and a public vote, while the individual awards will be decided solely by a public vote. The Courage in Adversity Award will be decided solely by the expert judging panel.
The Award Force entries platform has been created for our 2021 Awards to ensure the highest possible quality of submissions across all of the categories. Each category will have its own criteria that all entries should look to fulfil – you can submit written entries in the platform itself or by uploading a PDF file, as well as submit up to two images and / or a video if you wish to do so.
For more information on the criteria for entering each category, visit the link to the Categories tab at our Shortyz website here.
For our inaugural 2020 event, we received more than 200 nominations during the entry phase and over 12,000 votes in the public vote. The Shortyz 2020 was held aboard Bateaux London on 13 March – watch our highlights reel from the evening here.