UK: London-based luxury home accommodation business UnderTheDoormat has launched its latest business arm, Hospiria, to aid recovery and growth in the post-Covid market.
Hospiria, described as a “global-first service and technology product”, has been launched to support property owners, portfolio managers and independent holiday lets owners who want to retain their independence and compete toe-to-toe with national players and global accommodation brands in the post-Covid-19 short-term rental market.
The service has been designed for property owners and portfolio managers, with between five and 100 premium short-let properties, enabling them to recover in the short-term and grow in the longer term, in the competitive world of short-term and vacation rentals.
Hospiria will help property owners and managers gain a competitive advantage over the longer term by increasing their routes to market, deliver bookings and provide the technology to manage growth efficiently through:
- Global distribution – listings on an exclusive combination of more than 40 international booking platforms giving access to millions of guests. Its team of experts monitor and adjust each platform to generate the best level of bookings.
- Reservations management – the Hospiria team provides bookings and reservation management up until a confirmed payment then hands over to the partner for all of the ‘in-stay’ guest experience.
- Preferential access – on existing and exclusive channels including Booking.com, Vrbo, HomeAway, Airbnb, the Expedia Partner Network and Homes & Villas by Marriott International.
- Enhanced rental income – the combination of bespoke technology and dynamic pricing tools help to generate optimal occupancy levels at the best rental prices.
- Greater profitability – ability to achieve higher occupancy and daily rates without the costs of an in-house team to manage it all.
- No double bookings or cannibalisation – bespoke software and systems prevent double bookings and cannibalisation that can otherwise occur when properties are listed on multiple platforms that are not directly connected / integrated.
- Reassurance of quality of guests – a guest matching and vetting service, including a bespoke pre-check in form and insurance.
- Online booking calendar – enables partners to see all confirmed bookings and manage them in one view along with the operational tools to run them efficiently.
The Hospiria concept means the partner can focus on their core customer proposition – providing the guest services such as Meet & Greet and other ‘on the ground’ services like cleaning, toiletries and guest concierge – knowing the marketing and distribution is taken care of.
Hospiria COO Richard Bridger said: “During the Covid-19 pandemic, many of the thousands of independent property management companies across the UK and Europe have been relying on strong historical cashflow and government grants to survive. Now they can reopen, many will need to secure bookings quickly and at optimum rates to ensure they recover and grow beyond the shortened summer season.
“Hospiria has been built to champion the smaller, premium players in the industry – it helps property management companies to maximise the occupancy and rates in their accommodation. That’s going to be critical for this summer’s UK staycation boom and particularly during the traditional quieter periods.
“We know that there is plenty of pent-up demand from consumers to book UK stays for the rest of 2020 and that they really value staying in properties that are independently-owned and run.
“Hospiria will give independent companies a much better chance to recover and then prosper in the longer term as they’ll have a much greater share of voice on booking platforms and be offering added value services to differentiate themselves. Our expert team will take care of all of our partners’ bookings, seven days a week which will allow property owners to focus their resources on growing their portfolios rather than hiring more people to manage their current business and enabling them to stay independent,” he added.
Hospiria has already been successfully piloted with several UK companies.
To become a Hospiria partner, property managers and owners need to:
- have four- or five-star equivalent standards for their homes
- manage / own between five and 100 properties in the UK or Europe
There is also a premium option which includes host insurance, policies and standards guidance, onboarding blueprints and field management systems.
Independent property owners or management companies are advised to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A fortnight ago, UnderTheDoormat also launched its Corporate Stay accommodation programme to help London-based employers get their key staff back to their offices safely.